- Conduct quality crane inspections and complete all necessary paperwork required.
- Interpret electrical drawings, schematics, and electrical code specification to determine equipment layout.
- Complete both electrical and mechanical services of lifting equipment including but not limited to the inspection of gearboxes and oil levels, electrical motors, electronic control systems, cross travel and long travel wheels, and load ropes.
- Assess, repair, and modify lifting equipment as required.
- Ensure customer logs are maintained updated with completed inspections and servicing.
- Oversee, train, and monitor junior staff.
- Approve and sign off on all inspection reports and crane certifications.
- Test each crane repair for complete functionality.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other general maintenance duties on lifting equipment.
- Ensure pre/post vehicle inspections are completely regularly.
- Ensure all NSC requirements are adhered to including but not limited to the maintenance of accurate logs, ensuring abstract requirements are met, and advising supervisor of any fines/convictions.
- Follow all Hoisting and Client safety rules and regulations including but not limited to the reporting of near misses and incidents, reporting property and equipment damage, alcohol & drug regulations, and ensuring appropriate PPE is used when required.
- Actively participate in the implementation and review of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Assurance System.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of current OH&S legislation, in particular legislation regarding safe operations and inspections of overhead cranes.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and a strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a passionate customer service attitude.
- Efficiency, accuracy, attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt and successfully multi task.
- High level of problem solving abilities; must be able to effectively resolve customer problems.
- Journeyman Electrical or Industrial Millwright ticket required.
- 10,000+ hours of crane servicing experience required.
- OSSA Fall Protection, Standard First Aid, H2S Alive, and Fit Testing required.
- Class 5 Driver’s License required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 125 feet.
- This is a full-time position generally working 40 hours per week. Hours will be worked as job duties demand. Hoisting does not guarantee 40 hours per week; employees will be paid for hours worked.
- Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand. Must be available to be on call occasionally.
- Travel is required with possible overnight stays.
- This is a safety sensitive role, and will require successful completion of an alcohol and drug test prior to hire and in accordance with client requirements.
At no time will Hoisting discriminate against any employee, refuse to employ, or refuse to continue to employ, any employee because of the race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, or family status of that person.